Thursday, January 29, 2015

Defying Circumstantial Evidence



Circumstantial Evidence 
Information and testimony presented by a party in a civil or criminal action that permit conclusions that indirectly establish theexistence or nonexistence of a fact or event that the party seeks to prove.


There are many instances where we feel like life has a twisted sense of humor, resulting in us being the butt of the joke.  There are many instances where it seems as if the odds are continually stacked against us.  It's during this time where it's so easy for us to allow our present condition(s) to define us.

I have been reflecting over the last couple years of my life and the journey that I have experienced. While I am blessed to be exactly two weeks away from my 32nd birthday, one question seems to remain..."What exactly have I accomplished?"

I am blessed to be a father to the two most beautiful little girls on the planet.  The Heavenly Father above saw fit to allow me to be birthed into the most amazing family that one could ever have.  I would like to think I have made a positive impact on many of those I have come in contact with.  I would venture to say I am an intelligent young man and have a bright future ahead of me.  I have several gifts and just about anything I put my full effort into ends up being a success.  Yet, at the end of the day, what do I have to show for it?

My present circumstances are attempting to define me as a waste of time and talent.  I'm man enough to admit that some of them are due to bad decisions from my past.  These conditions seek to oftentimes say that I'm just going to be another statistic of those who have underachieved. There are several instances where it seemed as if when I take one step forward, some force of nature blows up the entire staircase.

As I stated in previous entries, we all have to come to a place where we refuse to be a victim and look for the lessons within each stage in life we are in.  It is interesting how difficult seasons are required in order to humble us and make us appreciate the good times even more.  It's seemingly like the area where you think you are the strongest are the very one that gets hit the hardest.

We all have naysayers in our lives who are quick to point to the evidence in our lives in order to assume some type of control over us.  Many times, they are only attempting to mask the flaws that are occurring in their own lives.  No matter how much evidence that may have stacked against you, do not allow anyone (especially yourself) to cast a guilty verdict upon you.  There is so much greatness and promise within you.  There are lives that are waiting on you to get your life together...No matter what your present situation is, you have the ability to conquer it.  All the power you need is embedded deep within you...You can and will do this!

"I am not innocent by any means...But I am not guilty either..."

No comments:

Post a Comment